Monday 5 August 2019

Jurassic IPA

If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you’ve probably put together that I’m a beer enthusiast with an arguably unhealthy relationship with alcohol and I get routinely excited when I hear about a new IPA. However, I was uncommonly excited when I heard about Cameron’s Brewing’s Jurassic IPA, because this dude loves the Michael Chrichton/Steven Spielberg epic. Unlike the Bitter Wife, I don’t believe it’s the greatest film ever made, but I certainly recognize a little cinematic mastery when I see it, and JP rocks that heartily.

Jurassic IPA is a 6.8%, 68 IBU ale brewed with a trio of hops: Simcoe, Summit, and Citra. It comes in red, white, and blue 473mL cans with a Tyrannosaurus Rex and some foliage. It’s a brassy, hazy ale with a crown of off-white suds. It has a hoppy grapefruit nose and a matching flavour. It moves from vaguely sweet to enthusiastically bitter in a blink, and packs a load of citrus stank.

Even if I isolate my fandom, Jurassic IPA is a well-made and flavourful IPA from a brewery I’ve always enjoyed. It’s not elite, but it is a quality Ontario IPA with lots of flavour and depth. Good strength and ample taste makes it a keeper.

Rating: 9.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment