Friday 9 August 2019

It’s Not an IPA ... P.S. It’s an IPA

The brilliant K.C. brought me a fresh 355mL can of It’s Not an IPA ... P.S. It’s an IPA from Boone, North Carolina’s Appalachian Mountain Brewery, and like an idiot, I forgot all about it in the back of my fridge until it was a little less than fresh. Despite the sub-optimal venerability, I decided to write it up anyway, but with this acknowledgment.

It’s Not an IPA ... is of course an IPA, weighing in at 6.7% alcohol. It comes in quirky-looking cans from which emerges a hazy, pale golden ale with a sudsy white head. It has a fruity, slightly dank aroma and a flavour that features nectarine and sweet orange notes up front and a sticky resin finish.

While it could have been fresher, I still quite enjoyed It’s Not an IPA .... I found it to be amply flavourful, with juice and resin notes balanced comfortably.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment