Thursday 5 October 2017

Momiji

Popped into the newly opened Godspeed Brewery in Toronto's east end with the Bitter Wife during a Saturday afternoon and grabbed myself a 13oz pour of their Momiji, an amber kellerbier containing 4.6% alcohol. My beer arrived under a fog of cream head. It was a fairly hazy walnut brew that packed a malty and metallic aroma with some bready notes. More pungent than I expected given its low percentage, Momiji was malt-focused initially, giving way to a crisp, bitter back. The flavour, bready at first, turned dry as I sipped. Throughout there were copper notes.


My first taste of Godspeed's brew, Momiji left me thirsty to try more. It is a pretty well-made beverage, with some nuance, in a session-friendly format.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment