Monday 2 January 2017

Swing Bridge Blonde

Swing Bridge Blonde found its way into my refrigerator by way of my generous pal LW. It's a blonde ale from Little Current on Ontario's Manitoulin Island. Named in honour of the bridge that connects the Island to the mainland, Swing Bridge comes in 473mL cans and contains the standard 5% alcohol.

Hazy, pale gold in colour, and topped with a thin white head, Swing Bridge has a nice aroma that swirls fresh grain and honey. The flavour has a similar profile, with sweet honey tones and some subtle floral notes. The weak link in the Swing Bridge chain is its too thin mouthfeel, which lacked the crispness needed.

A fine effort from a brewery that is new to me (Manitoulin Brewing Company), Swing Bridge is an interesting little blonde ale. I might not seek it out, but if I had the opportunity to quaff it again, I'd certainly be game.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment