Monday 6 November 2023

Malheur 12 Belgian Dark Ale


Following a feed of moules frites in Brussels, I ordered a 330mL bottle of Malheur 12 Belgian Dark Ale (to aid with digestion or some such thing). The 12% ale poured with a fluffy off-white head and displayed a handsome burnt umber colour. Born in Buggenhout, Belgium, Malheur 12 is produced by Brewery de Landtsheer.




To my nose, the beer was malt-driven, sweet, and extremely warm, with notes of date and caramel. An extremely boozy flavour was cushioned around rich notes of dried fruit and tobacco.

A delightfully satisfying after dinner sipper, Malheur 12 was a large and bold Belgian ale with loads of depth. As it warmed, I found the flavours to expand even further, leaving me much pleased. As with many beers on the mischievous side of 10%, Malheur 12 was a bit sweeter than I’d have liked, but it sure warmed me up.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment