Sunday 4 September 2022

Stone Skipper Dry Hopped Saison

Stone Skipper Dry Hopped Saison is a cheeky little six percenter from the team at Eastbound Brewing Co. The Torontonian saison comes in 355mL cans. It’s a golden ale with some carbonation, though not quite as effervescent as I like in a saison. The beer pours with a sudsy white head.

To my nose, there are apple and baking spice notes and to my tongue, yeasty, floral elements and a sprinkling of ground pepper. The back end is dry, yeasty, and short.


Sometimes new world saisons get a little too ambitious for me, incorporating complicated herb/fruit/botanical combos. What I like about Stone Skipper is that it is a dry-hopped saison, full stop. The yeast and booze are balanced and provide classic saison elements, while the dry-hopping adds a floral character that is quite agreeable.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment