Sunday 13 February 2022

Kingdome

 Watching the penultimate Blue Jays regular season game while hoping for a Seattle loss might seem like an odd afternoon to crack a 650mL bottle of a brew that honours the Mariners’ former home, but I was feeling reckless. Kingdome, from Toronto’s Left Field Brewery, is a 5.7% kveik pale ale. The foeder fermented ale is pale gold, has a hazy aspect and has a fluffy white head. 

To my nose, the beer has lemon notes and a tangy, earthy yeast presence. As for flavour, I picked up lemon drop along with saison-inspired peppery notes. The finish is floral and citrus notes, but very little bitterness. Kingdome also has a nicely-flowing texture.

I’m a big fan of Left Field’s short cans, so I seldom purchase their bottled offerings, but I bought four bombers of Kingdome on a whim, and I’m glad I did. The kveik yeast was used effectively, the flavour and texture were both smooth, and I’m better off for having consumed this beer.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment