Monday 27 September 2021

Mr. Jackpots


Sold in 473mL cans that, for some reason, remind me of the album art of Traffic’s 1971 album “The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys”, Mr. Jackpots is a 6% IPA brewed with Centennial and Idaho 7 hops. Brewed in Toronto by Rainhard Brewing, Mr. Jackpots is a hazy, dull gold ale with a covering of off-white suds.

Mr. Jackpots has pineapple and mango aromatics, with a dusting of citrus bitterness. The beer has a mellow texture and a flavour that blends tropical and citrus fruit. There is limited bitterness, but lots of juicy, dry-hopped flavour.

If I were in charge, I’d have liked Mr. Jackpots to have been a little higher octane, but the flavour was definitely enjoyable and the texture was nice. I ordered an octet of these little beauties and I was a bit wistful when I put the last one in the fridge, which I take as a good sign that I’d buy this little ale again.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment