Thursday 8 April 2021

Hardly Working Pale Ale

 A counterpart to Muddy York Brewing Co.’s Working Hard NEIPA, Hardly Working Pale Ale is a 5.7%, 20 IBU offering from the Toronto establishment. Hardly Working comes in 355mL cans. The hazy orange-gold ale is brewed with Azacca, Citra, and Mosaic hops and it pours under a fluffy cloud of white head.



Hardly Working has soft and sweet aromatics, with pineapple stealing the spotlight. The beer has a thin, yet creamy texture. For flavour, sweet tropical fruitiness is the most prominent feature, though there is a slight dankness in the finish that, in my opinion, doesn’t entirely suit the vibe of this beer.

I love Muddy York, and nearly everything of theirs that I have tried has been enjoyable. They might be a victim of their own success, because my expectations were sky high for Hardly Working, but I found it a bit underwhelming. A bit too sweet and a quirky final note left me a bit disappointed.

Rating: 6.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment