Wednesday 9 September 2020

Reminiscence Mexican Lager

Brewed to 4.9% in Toronto, Reminiscence Mexican Lager is a pale golden crisper born of Rorschach Brewing Co. The beer, brewed with corn, comes in 473mL cans and it pours with a thin layer of white suds.

 
Reminiscence has sweet, grainy aromatics. The flavour is, expectedly, mild, with some corn and grain notes and an unassumingly crisp bitterness.

I don’t totally get the current brewing hype with Mexican lagers. I mean, I understand that they are difficult to brew and that every flaw shows. I just don’t get them from an appreciation standpoint as a craft beer fan who isn't a brewer. That said, I did find Reminiscence Mexican Lager to be a nice and refreshing, if perhaps a bit too sweet, little brew.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment