Thursday 18 July 2019

Black Lab Brewing


I’m a lazy ol’ sod. Black Lab Brewing has been open for ages in Toronto’s Leslieville neighbourhood, and its been my radar since before it opened, but, pathetically, I only just hopped on a streetcar and trekked over. And, to make matters worse, I only visited the bottle shop. I eschewing the taproom, which would have been my usual first point of contact, because a bout of extreme back pain made the prospect of sitting at a bar an almost certain study in agony. So, after nearly an hour headed east via the 501 streetcar, I only actually spent about 15 minutes in the place.


Fortunately, my brief visit to Black Lab’s bottle shop was stewarded by an extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff person named Ashley, who guided me in putting together an optimal six-pack of the beers on offer on this particular Saturday in July. I left with a suitable smorgasbord of 500mL bottles, some stickers for my home bar, and a playful piece of glassware.

So, stay tuned over the next several days for my thoughts on an initial, belated run of ales and lagers from Black Lab Brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment