Tuesday 9 October 2018

New Wave New England-Style IPA

During a recent stop at Toronto’s Halo Brewing Co., I had a few minutes to kill before my pal joined me, so I dove into a 12oz pour of their New Wave New England-Style IPA. A 6.7% alcohol number; my beer arrived with an opaque orange and milky appearance and a very thin disc of white head.


New Wave had a mighty aroma that melded dank hops with juicy citrus. The flavour was pretty robust, with pineapple, grapefruit, and mango elements, balanced against a pretty zealously hoppy finish.

This beer was juicy, bitter, and decently strong. I’d have preferred to amp it up across the line to 7%, but I’ll live. NE IPAs are ubiquitous these days, but ones that are smartly brewed are in shorter supply, and Halo’s New Wave fits in that more elite class.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment