Friday 24 August 2018

Cinnamon Roll Imperial Ale

A seasonal offering from Lakewood, New York’s Southern Tier Brewing Co., Cinnamon Roll Imperial Ale is an 8.6% alcohol ale brewed with natural cinnamon and caramel flavour. The beer is a swampy-as-hell brown and it pours with a thin cover of eggshell head.

This beer smells SWEET. Like, unbelievably sweet. It has a hefty cinnamon vibe and a buttload of brown sugar. The flavour is similarly situated and damnit, it does really taste like a cinnamon roll. There is a bit of bitterness toward the back door, and a load of booziness.

This beer is definitely a novelty rather than a regular sipper, but it’s really quite a nicely constructed ghoulish grog. Sweet enough to consider pouring over ice cream, and boozy as can be, this is a quirky ale with some gravitas. The Bitter Wife though it was a treat, and she’d have rocked it for breakfast, because she’s badass like that. Bottom line: I’m super glad my pal MM gave me this brew and I’m glad I tried it, but I can’t imagine that I’ll be trying it again anytime soon. This beer did exactly what it set out to do, but it’s a weird concept.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment