Friday 11 March 2016

KAPOW!

KAPOW! is a North American IPA made by Toronto's own Rainhard Brewing Co. I had myself a nice 15oz. pour in tap at Bar Hop while killing some time waiting for my Pops and brother to join me for dinner. According to the tap list, this hazy amber ale contains a respectable 6.5% alcohol. My glass of ale showed up with a lush cap of sudsy off-white head that proved agreeably durable.

KAPOW! came at me with a nose full of tropical fruit aromas and the promise of resinous hops. Please excuse the pun, but there was a veritable "fruit punch" of flavour; juicy citrus and other fruit notes made the beer tick. As for hops, there was a pleasing dose of the little suckers, though not quite to the enamel-stripping levels I was after.

Quite sessionable for an IPA, KAPOW! left me feeling quite sated. Try it? Yes.

Rating: 8.0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment