Tuesday 25 August 2015

"Dean" PNW Mahogany Ale

My next foray into SingleCut Beersmith's offerings was their "Dean" PNW Mahogany Ale. I had a pint on tap at the brewpub in Queens. What I got was a clear ale with a nice, amber-brown colour under an off-white foam. Dean contained 6% alcohol.

It's aroma had toasted caramel on the brain, but also packed a dank hop wallop. The flavour was decidedly woodsy. Earthy malt notes mingled with evergreen and a musty hop charm. There is also a pretty healthy caramel malt base that "really tied the room together."

I found this beer to be evocative of beards, campfires, and canoeing--very outdoorsy and vaguely wild. My advice to you is that if you're in NYC, drag yourself out to Queens and grab yourself a pint (or a growler) of these rootsy suds.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment