Tuesday 19 August 2014

All or Nothing

All or Nothing was my first experience with Underdog's Brewhouse, an up and coming new brewery from Oshawa, Ontario. I had a 16oz goblet on tap at Downtown Toronto's Bar Hop.

All or Nothing is listed as a hopfenweisse--a hops-driven wheat beer--and it contains 5.1% alcohol. It's a pleasingly hazy golden auburn brew. It arrived with a thin covering of off-white head. There was a unique aroma that blends citrus hops with peach, banana, spice, and a heavy yeast bill. My face was greeted with a pretty mellow mouthfeel. The flavour was high in yeast and compellingly fruity. On the back end, there was a hoppy, citrus and spruce swing as well as a saucy wheat closing.

I'll be eagerly keeping my eye out for other offerings from Underdog's, 'cause this stuff was really enjoyable.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment