Saturday 28 June 2014

Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA

I don't know much about Idaho, and I know even less about Ponderay, Idaho, but I do know that this tiny Northwestern town is the home of Laughing Dog Brewery which gives life to Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA.

S.P. contains a mammoth 10% alcohol. It comes in a 355mL bottle that features a mischievous pooch on the label. It's a hazy, rich copper coloured ale. When I reviewed this powerful brew, I had a bit of a head cold, but I had no trouble smelling the pungent, boozy, and bitter aroma. Likewise, the flavour was not slowed by my sniffles. It starts sweetly, with a boozy malt profile. This shifts quickly to potent bitterness. It's very hoppy and considerable resinous.

Sneaky Pete Imperial IPA is a relatively tasty strong beer, but I found it to be a touch too sweet initially. It's amply bitter, but I really wanted it to be a bit sharper with notes of citrus or evergreen.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment