Monday 27 August 2012

CCBC-Irish Red

I spent an enjoyable early afternoon at Washington's Capitol City Brewing Company sampling a variety of beers. However, most of my drinking was sample sized glasses. Their Irish Red was the only full pint that I quaffed. I sampled this one on the advice of my bartender.

The Irish Red, not surprisingly, arrived a deep brownish red colour. It was moderately cloudy and topped with a quality cap of eggshell head. The aroma was malty with some gentle molasses sweetness. Tastewise, there were notes of molasses and a bit of brown sugar. The brew started sweet, with warm maltiness, and then gave way to some gently floral bitterness.  It was a nice, full-bodied ale, and one of the best on offer at the CCBC.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment