Sunday 14 August 2011

Banjaluka Brewery-Nektar

In keeping with my summer lager/pilsner tour of Eastern Europe, I tried my first beer from Bosnia and Herzegovina.  Nektar is brewed by the Banjaluka Brewery in Banja Luka, Republika Srpska.  According to the label, it has been brewed since 1873.
Nektar is sold in 500mL bottles and clocks in at 5%.  When poured, it yields a very lively head and displays lots of carbonation.  It features the ordinary pilsner aroma with no surprises.  Nektar is a pale gold colour and is very clear.  There is very little flavour beyond what you might expect from a German Pilsner.  It is a bit watery and there is very little aftertaste.  That said, it is extremely drinkable (I finished my pint long before I finished taking notes).

Nektar is worth a taste if you're looking for a refreshing summer brew.  It isn't anything special, but it is a drinkable alcohol delivery platform.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment